A rustic sweet tea sign is a fun addition to any space in your home, especially your kitchen! Did ya know that you can make your own sign? It’s very simple y’all! Have your sign say anything you’d like! Just grab the supplies and give it your own personal touch. You may even have everything you need right in your home! Happy fixin’!
Watch the full how-to video below!
Here are our steps on how to create your own “Sweet Tea Served Here” sign for your home!
What you need:
- Prestained wooden planks (5 of them at 17.5×3.5 each)
- Paint stirrer sticks
- White chalk
- Pen or pencil
- White paint (any kind will do!)
- Thin paintbrush
- Small hand sander
- A smile!
Step by step directions:
1) Cut down prestained wood to the size desired- 5 boards recommended at 17.5×3.5 each
2) Nail the back of the sign to hold in place. Long paint stir sticks work wonderful! (Watch your fingers y’all!)
3) Print out an image that says “Sweet Tea Served here” or any saying you’d like that fits the space of the wood. Turn the paper over & rub where the words are with white chalk.
4) Flip the paper over and lay flat on the wood chalk side down. Using a pen, pencil, or sharp tool of any kind to trace the wording on the paper. Doing this, the chalk will transfer from the paper onto the wood.
5) Hand paint the sign. Do two coats using white paint of any kind. It’s your turn to be the artist!
6) Let dry and sand the sign to make oh-so smooth.
7) Hang & Enjoy!