Happy 2017 Sweeties!
You’ve unwrapped your gifts, celebrated with loved ones, and of course, you indulged in your favorites holiday goodies… maybe a little too much! Now that the Holidays are long gone, it’s time to focus on you darlin’, yes YOU! We here at Southern Breeze Sweet Tea have some simple, easy peasy ways that you can incorporate exercise in your everyday.
While you are home…
- Take a power walk up and down the hallways or walk outside to pick up the trash cans from the curb.
- Install an exercise bike or treadmill in a spare bedroom and hop on it in the morning.
- When watching television, do a few sets of jumping jacks or sit ups when during commercial breaks or when a program gets too boring!
- Use the remote as a dumbbell and do 10 sets of 10 repetitions (hey, it works y’all!)
- When making meals for your loved ones, do a few pushups when you are waiting for the pot of water for the pasta to boil or the baked chicken to be done cookin’.
- If you have nicer weather this winter, invite a neighbor for a walk around the neighborhood.
- Keep some small dumbbell weights near your bed and do a few repetitions before bedtime.
- Have grandchildren around? Lift them up! Grandchildren make great weights AND it’s a great excuse to give them a hug too!
- A little late on putting away your holiday decorations in the crawl space? Reach!! That’s right give yourself a good stretch while lifting those boxes in the air.
- When mopping or vacuuming, use it as an opportunity to work out your arms. Stretch your arms while making your floors oh so clean!
While you are at work…
- Park your car at the last spot in the parking lot to get some extra steps in.
- Live close by? Take the bike trail into the office and ride the ol’ bike to work.
- If you go to lunch with coworkers, suggest a spot to eat where you all can walk as a group.
- Take the steps instead of the elevator.
- 5 sets of 10 leg lifts while at your desk seated.
- Take phone calls standing up. Try doing a few squats too!
- Walk to a person’s desk instead of calling them. They will love to see your smile too!
- While reloading the printer paper. Do a few curls with stacks of paper.
- Try office yoga. Take time out of the day and gather the co-workers for a stretch- Namaste!
- Climb the stairs on your break.
Lookin’ for more y’all? We have even more simple workouts that you can do. Follow our Easy Workout Pinterest board!
Safety first! Please consult your doctor before attempting any of these workouts.