We're so excited that spring's just around the corner! Is the sun shinin' a little brighter where you are? Are the days feelin' just a bit longer? It sure is where we are! We're taking advantage of it by sippin' more sweet tea and spending more time with family and friends.
Y'all know we love any excuse to throw a party SO...We're sharing our tips for how to throw the best Sweet Tea Party to celebrate Spring! Get your gals together, brew up pitchers of sweet tea, and enjoy!
In the comments below, let us know what you'd serve at YOUR sweet tea party...there might just be a little prize in it for ya!
Doesn't it seem like everything these days is done over our computers and smartphones? Kick off your party with some timeless class...send paper invitations! Make sure each one is personalized. You can make these by hand or purchase them from the store, but the more personal, the better!
Get your guests excited by including a sweet tea bag right inside the invitation! Give 'em a taste of what they're in for! Our Cold Brew Sweet Tea tea bags come in adorable little envelopes that you can slip in with the invitation.
Set up personalized mason jars with your guests name on them! All ya need is some string or twine, a little card and marker of your choice! Just punch a hole in the card, write your Sweeties name on the card, put the twine through, and tie around the top of the mason jar. That way they'll have a glass for the day & they can even take it home as a favor!
Put a Twist on Traditional
A sweet tea party ain't a sweet tea party without sweet tea! To make sweet tea by the pitcher, use Southern Breeze Family-Size sweet tea and try one of our recipes to spruce up your traditional glass.
- Lemon Lime Sweet Tea
- Piña Colada Sweet Tea Slush
- Pineapple Citrus Sweet Tea
- Mixed Berry Sweet Tea
- Jalapeno Lemonade Sweet Tea
- Raspberry Ginger Lime Sweet Tea
- Watermelon Sweet Tea
- Mango Splash Sweet Tea
Using sugar-free sweet tea means your guests will get to enjoy all the snacks without feeling guilty!
Hors d'oeuvres and finger foods are must-haves at any tea party, but at a sweet tea party, y'all have to make sure the snacks go well with the sweet tea! Here are some of our favorite recipes:
Chive-Wrapped Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Chopped Chives
- Dijon mustard
- Ground Pepper
Instructions: Make a simple egg salad, adding chopped chives, ground pepper, and dill. Stack slices of bread and cut off the crust. Spread butter on each slice of bread.
Add the salad to the bread slices and assemble into sandwiches. Add more chopped chives, paprika, salt. Slice into thirds and serve!
Pimento BLT Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 cups Self-Rising Flour
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pimento cheese
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 15-20 strips of bacon
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Grate or shred 1 cup of cheese and toss into flour
- Add heavy cream and stir
- Place dough on floured surface and pat to 1" thick
- Cut rounds of your preferred size
- Place biscuits on baking sheet and brush tops with cream or milk
- Bake biscuits for 10 minutes
- Slice each biscuit and spread pimento cheese inside
- Add bacon, arugula, and tomato and close to make a sandwich
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Blend butter with sugar and lemon peel
- Beat in egg whites, milk, and vanilla
- Add in baking powder
- Add flour and stir. Batter should be evenly moist.
- Spoon 2-tbsp portions of batter and place on a baking sheet
- Add 1/4 tsp of jam on center of each cookie
- Bake until cookies for 13-15 minutes, remove and let cool
Herb-Strawberry Tea Sandwiches
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3 tsp fresh basil
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 lb strawberries, thinly sliced
- Mix together the first six ingredients and spread on bread
- Top each slice with strawberries.
Chocolate-Raspberry Pound Cake Tea Sandwiches
- 4 eggs
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 oz melted semi-sweet chocolate
For the filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer, adding butter in slowly
- Add sugar and mix
- Add vanilla and mix
- Combine flour and baking powder, then add to mixture
- Add in milk and mix until the batter is smooth
- Pour batter into a loaf pan
- Bake for 40 minutes and remove
- Let cake cool
- Cut cake into thick slices
- Spread one side of each slice with melted chocolate, then place in refrigerator
- Mix cream cheese, honey, and raspberries
- Spread mixture over the chocolate-covered side of each cake slice
- Top each slice with another slice of cake and cut into 1-inch "fingers"
OK, are your mouths watering yet? SAME!
Y'all can incorporate sweet tea into any kind of party from the kiddies birthdays, bridal showers, cook outs, the list goes on!
Let us know in the comments - what would y'all serve up at your own party? One person will be randomly selected to WIN a Southern Breeze mason jar!