Mother’s Day is almost here, y’all! Here at Southern Breeze, we love our mommas! They raised us on sweet tea and kindness and all the love in the world! Mother’s Day is the day to appreciate how much your mom or mother figure, grandma or aunts have done for you.
But y’all…sometimes it’s such a struggle to find the perfect gift for Mom on Mother's Day. So we got to thinkin’ and realized the PERFECT gift is something that takes a little effort and is sweet and fun, but thoughtful and personal!
Today, we’re sharin’ our favorite DIY Mother’s Day gift ideas.
Homemade Coconut Brown Sugar Body Scrub
What mom doesn’t deserve a little TLC! Our homemade body scrub is quick and easy to make and smells oh-so amazing. Most homemade body scrubs can be made with items you already have at home in your kitchen. Our homemade body scrub is a simple two ingredient recipe that will exfoliate your skin and leave you feeling relaxed and smooth all over.
Massage onto rough patches of skin and then rinse with warm water. As with all body scrubs, apply moisturizer after.
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Few drops of your favorite essential oil (optional)
- Place brown sugar in a small size container and add the oil 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Add essential oil (optional) and mix well.
- Massage onto rough patches of skin and then rinse with warm water.
Add a box or two of Southern Breeze Sweet Tea for some sweet tea sippin’ too.
Brew it up hot, steep, and chill with our family size tea bags OR brew it cold and enjoy in 5 minutes with our cold brew tea bags! The choice is yours, Sweetie! Southern Breeze Sweet Tea is sugar free, calorie free, and is diabetic and keto-friendly too!
- 2 quarts of water
- 2 Raspberry Southern Breeze family size tea bags
- 1 Sliced lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional: mint leaves
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot
- Place the pan under medium/high heat on the stovetop until it begins to boil. Reduce heat to low and allow it to simmer.
- Enjoy the sweet smells of spring, y'all!
Easy Wrapping Paper Bouquet
What mom doesn’t love a beautiful bouquet of flowers? We’re sharin’ an easy and beautiful way to take your flower bouquet to the next level, perfect for Mother’s Day! A few simple materials and your mom’s favorite flowers is a sweet way to show her you care.
- Kraft Paper
- Cut the kraft paper.
- *If interested, wrap a damp paper towel and clear plastic wrap around the stem of the flowers.
- Position the flowers diagonally onto the kraft paper.
- Fold the kraft paper around the bouquet.
- Fold the other side of the kraft paper around the bouquet and secure with tape.
- Fold the bottom over and secure with tape.
- Tie ribbon around the wrapped bouquet
Mason Jar Cookie Recipe
Our last gift idea for Mother’s Day but definitely our favorite... these mason jar cookie recipes are easy, cute, and delicious. This idea is very affordable, and you can easily switch up the recipe to your Mom’s favorite cookie. Keep in mind only dry ingredients go into the mason jar. These jars also allow for a bit more creativity, add festive ribbon or a hand written note. Whatever the recipe or however you decorate it, your momma is sure to love it!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Chocolate Chips
- 1-quart Mason jar
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and add to the 1-quart mason jar.
- Top with the flour, brown sugar, and then granulated sugar. Add the chocolate chips.
Recipe to include with the jar:
- In a large bowl, whisk ½ cup of melted and cooled unsalted butter, 1 large egg, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Add the contents of the jar and gently stir with a spoon.
- Place the dough balls onto lined baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are set, and the centers of the cookies are still slightly underdone. Place baking sheets on a rack to cool.
Got any more ideas, Sweeties? Share it in the comments below! And we hope y'all have a WONDERFUL Mother's Day!