Summer is in full swing, Sweeties! It’s the most fabulous time of the year with warm sunshine, family togetherness, and of course…refreshing sweet iced tea. If you are spending your summer trying out and enjoying new recipes with family like us, well, we’ve got some more exciting recipes to whip up. We’re sharing all the yummy details with y’all today! Gather ‘round the barbeque pit and let’s get to it! Check out our 3 favorite summertime recipes with the most perfect sweet tea pairings, y’all!
1) BBQ salmon- Serves 4
This low- carb dish is a healthy spin on a summer favorite. We are loving this recipe by The Girl on Bloor puts together a simple step by step so you are on your way to some gooooood eating! Oh, the best part? This recipe is topped with a summer salsa! Here is the scoop…
- 4 frozen or fresh sockeye salmon filets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro basil or parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- Preheat BBQ to med-high heat.
- Brush salmon with a little bit of olive oil and brown sugar. Season with salt and pepper then put the fish on the grill skin-side down for 10-12 min.
- Meanwhile, mix together the salsa.
- Remove salmon from the grill and add salsa overtop. Serve on its own or with a side dish and enjoy!
Sweet tea paring: Gotta try our deliciously sweet Mango cold brew flavor for this recipe!
2) Cheesy BBQ Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats: Serves 4
Chicken is a barbecue favorite for us here at Southern Breeze Sweet Tea! That’s why we’re lovin’ these Cheesy BBQ Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats, y’all! The Ambitious Kitchen shares a yummy and fulfilling dish that is low- calorie and Sweetie-friendly too. So don’t worry about askin’ for a second helping! Here are the details:
- Olive oil, for greasing pan
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise (look for zucchini that is similar in size)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 pound (about 2 1/2 cups) cooked shredded chicken breast (can also be from a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup low sugar bbq sauce, divided (I like Stubb’s Spicy BBQ Sauce), plus more if you like it extra saucy
- 1 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- To garnish:
- Green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan with olive oil.
- Using a spoon, scoop centers from zucchini while leaving a 1/4-inch rim to create boats. (See note section for what to do with leftover zucchini pulp.) Place zucchini in the greased pan; they should snuggle pretty tightly in there, but if you can’t fit them all in, you can use two pans.
- Brush zucchini with a little olive oil (about 1 tablespoon or so). You can also simply spray them with an all natural oil-only cooking spray.
- Add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to a medium skillet and place over medium heat. Add in onions and garlic, and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl then stir in shredded chicken, 1/2 cup bbq sauce and ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Spoon bbq chicken mixture evenly into zucchini boats. Top each with 1 tablespoon bbq sauce (or a little extra if you’d like it more saucy) and 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 35-45 minutes or until cheese has melted and zucchini is tender.
- Once done, sprinkle the tops with cilantro and green onion before serving. Serves 4; 2 boats per person.
Sweet Tea pairing: Go on n’ wash this one down with our zero-calorie Half & Half cold brew!
3) Creamy Broccoli Salad with Bacon- Serves 8
What is a cookout without a delicious side dish? Low Carb Maven shares an easy broccoli salad that is flavorful and oh-so-satisfying! Scoop all the deliciousness onto the plate y’all and enjoy the finer things that sweet summertime has to offer!
- 1 pound broccoli florets about two big heads and stalks cut and trimmed
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 1/2 bunch green onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Swerve or powdered erythritol or stevia glycerite to taste
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Cook and crumble the bacon.
- Trim and cut broccoli into bit sized pieces.
- Slice the scallions.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing.
- Assemble and toss with dressing just before serving. Garnish with your favorite topping. Makes 8 cups with 1 cup per serving
Sweet Tea pairing: Grab a glass of our Original cold brew flavor for the perfect pairing!