Sweeties, sweet tea sippin’ time is a special time. If you love a tasty snack go to accompany your glass of guilt free sweet tea, then we are lucky you are here! There’s nothing like a lovely sweet tea pairing and we just looove sharing our sweet tips on new recipes you can prepare for your guests!
Today, we are sharing the most fabulous new spin on a traditional tea loaf recipe. Our new sweet tea loaf recipe is low calorie AND easy on the sugar. You’re not gonna wanna make this loaf just once, this easy, low sugar recipe is the ideal treat when ya are craving somthin’ sweet. Psst... you're gonna love the sugar free glaze too! Let’s get to the details!
- 1 1/4- 1 1/3 cup raisins and dried cherries (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups brewed Original Southern Breeze
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- If using raisins and cherries, put them in a big bowl. Pour brewed Southern Breeze Sweet Tea over and stir in the honey. Cover mixture with plastic wrap and let stand for 1 1/2-2 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Stir two eggs into raisin mix.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, spices, salt, and baking powder. Add to raisin mixture and stir well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn loaf out of pan and cool on the counter or wire wrack
For the glaze:
- 3/4 cup Splenda
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water or Milk if ya like!
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a bowl, combine the Splenda and cornstarch. Mix well then stir in the liquid ingredients.
Finish the loaf by drizzling the glaze on the cooled sweet tea loaf and enjoy!
Doesn’t this just sound like a dream, y’all? If you try this recipe, tag us in your baking photos, we’d LOVE to see ‘em!