What's better than hot apple cider in the fall? Nothing, really! Kathleen at Grits and Gouda blog is sharing her Mulled Sweet Tea Apple Cider recipe with us and we couldn’t be more grateful. Using Southern Breeze Sweet Tea Half & Half, oranges, lemons, apples, cinnamon and apple cider you’ve got a delicious drink for your next tailgate party, family camping trip or bonfire!
- 1 Southern Breeze Half and Half Sweet Tea bag
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 whole clove
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup apple cider or unfiltered 100% apple juice
- slices of orange, lemon, and apple
- Place the Southern Breeze cold brew tea bag in a microwave-safe mug or coffee cup. Make sure it holds 1 1/4 cups of liquid. Pour in the cold water and drop in the whole clove and cinnamon stick. Let this steep for 5 minutes. (You can go a little longer if you want a stronger tea flavor).
- Add the apple cider and microwave it uncovered at HIGH (I used 1100 watts) for 1 minute. Let it stand 5 minutes.
- Carefully add the slices of orange, lemon and apple.
Check out the full blog post here. Read more about Kathleen here.