What is a blood orange mocktail?
A Blood Orange Moscow Mule Mocktail is an ideal drink choice during the fall and winter months for several reasons. Firstly, its vibrant crimson hue evokes the seasonal colors of autumn, making it visually appealing. The unique, tangy-sweet flavor of blood oranges adds a delightful twist to traditional mocktails, providing a burst of citrusy brightness amidst the colder, darker days.
Furthermore, blood oranges are typically in season during the winter, ensuring the freshest ingredients are used. The mocktail's ginger beer base offers a comforting warmth, reminiscent of traditional holiday spices. Its refreshing, effervescent quality also makes it a versatile drink suitable for both cozy evenings by the fireplace and festive gatherings.
Overall, the Blood Orange Moscow Mule Mocktail's combination of seasonal flavors, appealing aesthetics, and refreshing taste makes it a delightful choice that captures the spirit of fall and winter.
What is the taste of blood orange?
Blood oranges have a distinctive flavor that sets them apart from regular oranges. They are known for their sweet and tangy taste with a hint of raspberry-like notes. The flavor can vary depending on the specific variety of blood orange, but in general, you can expect the following characteristics:
1. Sweetness: Blood oranges are sweeter than many other citrus fruits, with a pleasing level of natural sweetness.
2. Tartness: They also have a noticeable tartness, which provides a nice balance to their sweetness.
3. Berry Notes: One of the most unique aspects of blood oranges is their subtle berry-like undertones, often described as having hints of raspberry or strawberry. This berry-like flavor is what distinguishes them from regular oranges.
4. Citrus Aroma: Blood oranges have a fragrant citrus aroma that is similar to other citrus fruits.
Overall, the taste of a blood orange is a delightful combination of sweet, tart, and a hint of berry-like complexity, making it a popular choice for both eating fresh and using in various culinary applications, including beverages and desserts.
What is blood orange iced tea?
Blood orange iced tea is refreshing and tangy, offering a citrusy twist to traditional iced tea, making it a delightful and invigorating choice for a cool, flavorful beverage.
Southern Breeze Sweet Tea Blood Orange cold brew is a delightful fusion of Southern charm and zesty citrus. This convenient cold brew blend captures the essence of sweet tea with a vibrant twist of blood orange. The result is a refreshing, zero-calorie beverage that's easy to prepare and bursting with bold flavor. Whether you're sipping it on a hot summer day or as a revitalizing pick-me-up, this tea offers a harmonious blend of Southern tradition and modern zest, making it a must-try for tea enthusiasts.
Blood Orange Mocktail Moscow Mule Ingredients:
Makes: 1 Serving
1 Tea Bag Southern Breeze Blood Orange
1 Tbsp Orange Juice, freshly squeezed
2 tsp Lime Juice
2 tsp Ginger Beer
Optional – Lime Wedges, Blood Orange Slices, Alcohol of Choice
Blood Orange Mule Recipe:
1. Brew 1 Bag of Southern Breeze Blood Orange in 8 oz cold water for 5 minutes. Chill Tea.
2. Freshly squeeze orange juice and mix into tea.
3. Add lime juice and ginger beer. Mix well.
4. Optional – add 1 oz shot of vodka or desired alcohol.
5. Serve in a copper mug and garnish glass with lime wedges, blood orange slices, mint leaves, or rosemary sprigs
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @sbreezetea and use hashtag #guiltfreesweettea