What is a Manhattan drink?
A classic Manhattan cocktail typically consists of bourbon or rye whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters. It’s traditionally served with maraschino cherry garnish and sometimes a twist of orange peel. The combination of whisky’s richness, the sweetness of vermouth, and the complexity of bitters creates a balanced and robust flavor profile.
There are other variations, of course. You can recreate the essence of a Manhattan using our non-alcoholic version, y’all.
Is a Manhattan sweet?
A Manhattan mocktail, like its alcoholic counterpart, can be sweet, but the level of sweetness depends on the specific recipe and ingredients used. Typically, a Manhattan mocktail will have a degree of sweetness because it often includes a sweet element to mimic the sweet vermouth found in the traditional cocktail.
Some Manhattan cherry mocktail recipes may be sweeter than others, so it's a good idea to check the recipe and adjust the sweetness according to your preferences.
When to drink a sweet Manhattan?
A Manhattan mocktail, like the classic Manhattan cocktail, is a versatile and enjoyable drink that can be consumed in various settings and occasions. Here are some suitable times and situations to enjoy a Manhattan mocktail:
- Social Gatherings: Serve Manhattan mocktails at parties or gatherings where you want to offer a sophisticated and alcohol-free option for guests who don't consume alcohol or prefer non-alcoholic beverages.
- Happy Hours: Enjoy a Manhattan mocktail during happy hours at bars and restaurants that offer non-alcoholic options. It's a great choice if you're looking for a more upscale drink without the alcohol.
- Dinner Parties: Manhattan mocktails make an excellent choice for pairing with a wide range of dishes, from appetizers to main courses, and can elevate the dining experience.
- Mocktail Menus: Some upscale bars and lounges feature mocktail menus. You can order a Manhattan mocktail from such menus when you're out for a night on the town.
- Alcohol-Free Challenges: If you're participating in a sober month or alcohol-free challenge, a Manhattan mocktail can be a satisfying alternative to the classic cocktail.
- Personal Enjoyment: Of course, you can enjoy a Manhattan mocktail at home or any time you're in the mood for a flavorful, non-alcoholic drink.
Ultimately, the choice of when to drink a Manhattan mocktail is a matter of personal preference. It's a versatile drink that can be adapted to suit a variety of occasions and tastes, making it a great option for both casual and more formal settings.
Manhattan mocktail ingredients
1 cup Sweet Cherry Southern Breeze Sweet Tea, brewed and chilled
1/4 cup cherry juice or cherry syrup
1/2 oz grenadine syrup
1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
Maraschino cherries, for garnish
Lemon twist, for garnish
Recipe for Manhattan drink
- Brew the Sweet Cherry Southern Breeze Sweet Tea according to the package instructions. Allow it to cool and then chill it in the refrigerator.
- In a mixing glass or shaker, combine the chilled Sweet Cherry Southern Breeze Sweet Tea, cherry juice or cherry syrup, grenadine syrup, and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Fill the mixing glass or shaker with ice cubes. Close the shaker or cover the mixing glass with a lid.
- Shake the mixture vigorously for about 15-20 seconds to chill and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Prepare your serving glass. You can use a martini glass or any other glass of your choice. Fill it with ice cubes to chill the glass.
- Strain the shaken mixture into the chilled serving glass, pouring it over the ice cubes.
- Garnish the mocktail with a maraschino cherry or two. You can also add a lemon twist by gently twisting a piece of lemon peel over the glass to release the oils, then dropping it into the mocktail.
- Optionally, you can use a cocktail stirrer to gently mix the ingredients in the glass.
- Serve your Sweet Cherry Manhattan Mocktail immediately and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Mention @sbreezetea and use hashtag #guiltfreesweettea