We know September can be hectic, y'all! Suddenly you're busy dropping the kids off at school, helping them with their homework, picking them up from soccer practice and then the day's over!
When life gets busy, it becomes soooo difficulty to focus on healthy eating. But we don't want y'all to forget about it! So we're sharing our favorite back-to-school snacks for your kids (and you!) to enjoy after a long day. Pair any of these with sugar-free sweet tea for a perfect snack time!
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Y'all know your kids want something delicious after school. Instead of buying boxes of cookies from the store that are bound to be unhealthy, try this recipe for flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. This is one of our favorite ways to make a delicious recipe a bit healthier...it's flourless and has no butter! And chocolate chip cookies are a family favorite!
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and set aside a baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Mix peanut butter, brown sugar, and baking soda in mixing bowl
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract, then add chocolate chips and oats. Stir by hand.
- Spoon dough mixture onto baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden, then let cool.
Peach Almond Sweet Tea Energy Balls
Our friend Kaylie came up with these brilliant low-cal energy balls that are PERFECT for peach lovers, sweet tea lovers...just about anyone! And they're so easy to make, y'all! Peach Almond Sweet Tea Energy Balls are hands down our favorite back-to-school snack! Check out Kaylie's full blog post here.
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 Southern Breeze Peach Sweet Tea Bags
- 8 dates , pitted
- 1 ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats, divided
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pour the water into a tall cup.
- Add the southern breeze peach sweet tea bags. Steep for 5 minutes. Discard the tea bags.
- Add the dates and ¼ cup oats to the tea. Place in the fridge for about 2 hours to allow the oats to absorb some of the tea.
- Drain any excess tea from the dates and oats mixture (You can drain it straight into a cup – that tea is still good for drinking!)
- Add the dates/oats mixture to a food processor or blender with the remaining oats, coconut, almond butter, chia seeds, and salt.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and sticks together.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for about 10 minutes. This will help the mixture become less sticky and easier to roll into balls.
- Remove from the fridge and roll dough into 1” balls.
- Store your chewy peach almond sweet tea energy balls in an airtight container in the fridge so they’re ready to be packed up and taken on the go!
Peanut Butter Apple Rings
Struggling to get the kids excited about eating fruit? Try making these peanut butter apple rings after they come home from school. We promise the plate will be empty in no time! Actually, y'all might wanna save some for yourself before the kids get home...they're delicious.
- 2 apples, each sliced into 6 rings
- 2/3 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 cup granola
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 8 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Stir together peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon
- Spread mixture evenly on each apple slice
- Mix together granola and raisins
- Spoon granola and raisin mixture onto apple slices, pressing gently into peanut butter
Blueberry Cheesecake Bites
This recipe is the EASIEST, y'all...but it tastes delicious! Whip these up when you're super busy. Trust us, they'll please everyone. Heap on the blueberries, which are full of antioxidants, and use low-fat cream cheese for a healthier option!
- 1 package low-fat cream cheese
- 1 box graham crackers, split into small pieces
- Blueberries, rinsed
- Spread cream cheese on crackers
- Top with blueberries
- Glaze with honey
What's your FAVORITE back-to-school snack recipe?? Our favorites are ones that are super easy and don't take too long to make. Let us know yours in the comments below!