Sweet tea is delicious no matter what it’s paired with, but there are some especially delicious pairings that we’re sharing with y’all on our blog! We've got some of our FAVORITE appetizer recipes here. Make 'em for your next party and you'll be everyone's favorite party hostess!
For anyone that wants to just enjoy a cold glass of sweet tea without adding any other flavors, a simply crudite platter is the perfect way to go. But if y'all want to get a bit more adventurous, read on!
And don't miss the little treat at the bottom of our post! It's sure to make your day a sweeter!
Peach Sweet Tea and Baked Brie with Peaches
Peach sweet tea’s a fan favorite and always super popular during the summer! The peachy, fruity flavor is just as thirst-quenching as the sweet tea itself, and it’s always a HIT during backyard summer parties and barbecues!
While some might prefer for their food and drink to have totally separate flavors, we love peach SO much that we’d actually pair peach sweet tea with a deliciously fruity and exciting appetizer, like this one from Southern Living!
Baked Brie with Jezebel Peaches
- 1 tablespoon hot jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large ripe peach, peeled and diced
- 1 Brie round (about 13.2 oz.), packed in a wooden box
- Assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 4 ingredients; gently stir in peaches until coated.
- Unwrap Brie; trim and discard rind from top. Return cheese to wooden box bottom, and place box on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Spoon peach mixture over Brie, mounding slightly. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Carefully transfer box to a platter, and serve immediately with crackers.
Original Sweet Tea and Barbecue Sliders
Our Original Sweet Tea is strong and sweet, perfect to pair with meat! Try whipping up these easy barbecue sliders and wash 'em down with a tall glass of sweet tea!
- 2 packages of French rolls, split
- 1 1/2 pounds of shredded barbecued pork
- Barbecue sauce
- Bake the rolls according to the directions on the package.
- Add barbecued pork to rolls, serve with barbecue sauce and coleslaw.
Half & Half Sweet Tea and Garlic Butter Shrimp
Half tea, half lemonade, our Half & Half sweet tea is the classic sunny taste of summer! The sweet and lemony flavor is strong and hearty, and of course, lemon and citrus flavors go great with seafood! We're obsessed with this recipe for Garlic Butter Shrimp from Spicy Southern Kitchen! It’s hearty, satisfying, and goes SO well with a glass of Half & Half Sweet Tea!
Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add butter to a nonstick pan and melt over medium heat
- Add garlic, rosemary, parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Remove from heat once fully melted.
- Zest the lemon and add to butter mixture. Slice the lemon and add slices to the bottom of a 9-inch baking pan.
- Place shrimp on top of lemon slices. Pour butter mixture over them.
- Place in oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh bread.
Full recipe here.
Raspberry Sweet Tea and Sweet Potato and Chorizo Sausage Bites
Our zesty Raspberry Sweet Tea can go either way – y’all can complement it with something light, like a crudite platter or fruit salad. Or you can go heavy with something savory. Our top pick is a recipe for Sweet Potato and Chorizo Sausage Bites…YUM. The flavors are so different from the Raspberry Sweet Tea, but in a good way! Together, the zesty and tart sweet tea adds a great finish to this twist on a classic Southern appetizer.
Sweet Potato and Chorizo Sausage Bites
- 1 pound fresh Mexican chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. pre-shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chilled mashed roasted sweet potato
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons plum jam
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Stir together sausage, baking mix, cheese, mashed sweet potato, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Roll into 48 (1 1/2-inch) balls, and place about 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until sausage balls are cooked through and deep golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Stir together jelly and mustard in a small bowl until well blended. Serve with sausage balls.
Are y'all hungry yet? Then get cookin'! We've got all the sweet tea you need right here, just stock up and pair with your favorite appetizers at your next party!
To make it easier for y'all, we've giving you a special discount of 10% off your next order! Can't beat that, Sweeties!
Click the link above OR enter code SWEETTEATREAT at checkout to get 10% off your order!