Y’all, it’s back-to-school time! You’ve bought the new school supplies and gotten your kids outta their sleepy summer haze. It’s time to fill their heads with numbers and words and their stomachs with...oh no, with what?
Running out of back-to-school snack ideas for the kids? We’ve got you covered! Pair any of these delicious recipes with our new quick & easy Cold Brew Sweet Tea for a delightful lunch snack or after-school treat.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Biscuits
Image credit: Christopher Testani
If your kids love classic peanut butter and jelly, they’ll love this twist on a biscuit! Hearty and filling, these PB&Js are the perfect school lunch or snack!
- ¼ cup of warm water
- 1 envelope of rapid-rise yeast
- 4 teaspoons of granulated sugar, divided
- 2½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons of table salt
- ½ teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 cup of whole buttermilk
- ½ cup of melted butter, divided
- Peanut butter
Get the full recipe here: http://people.com/food/peanut-butter-jelly-sandwich-recipe-karl-sarah-worley/
Image credit: Laura Fuentes
A little healthier than fried, but just as delicious, this baked ravioli dish is perfect for lunchable bites during school or an after-school treat!
- 1½ cups of plain Panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup of plain breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 24 cheese ravioli, frozen
Get the full recipe here: http://www.laurafuentes.com/baked-ravioli-recipe/
Taco Pop Tarts
Image credit: Sheri Silver
Everything your kids love about Pop Tarts, but filled with savory goodness! Wash it down with a glass of some iced sweet tea and they’ll be ready and roarin’ for their after-school activities.
- 2 boxes refrigerated pie crusts (total of 4 pie crusts), at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
Get the full recipe here: https://www.babble.com/best-recipes/taco-pop-tarts/
No-Bake Granola Bites
Image credit: Tina M. | Mother’s Niche
When school’s in session, you’ve only got so much time on your hands. This simple, no-bake granola is hassle-free, delicious, and packed with protein! Kids will love the taste of these easy-to-make, easy-to-eat bites!
- 2 cups of oats
- 2 cups of coconut flakes
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup of ground flaxseed
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup of honey
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Mix together the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Roll the batter into bite-sized pieces and refrigerate--you’ve got yourself a delicious after-school-treat that your kids will gobble down in a second!
Get the full recipe here: https://mothersniche.com/granola-bar-bites-recipe/
Celery Snails and Caterpillars
Image credit: Steve Giralt
Get the full recipe here: http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/recipes/a55811/celery-snails-caterpillars-recipe/
Happy snackin', y'all!