If you are a lover of lunch, you are in the right spot, Sweetie! Lunchin’ is good, you betcha! We’re steppin’ away from breads and thinkin’ of some new ways to have a healthy and satisfying lunch that the family can enjoy too, any day of the week! Today, we’re showcasing yummy our top list. A list that is oh-so-full of flavor and no extra carbs weighing ya down after meal time. Let’s see all the delicious details in our favorite 4 low carb lunch recipes, y’all! Let’s get to it…
BLT Lettuce Wraps:
Let’s skip the bread and really embrace the traditional flavors of a BLT, without all the added carbs! This dish is super simple and you can even add some avocado if you want, it’s up to you, Sweetie! Check out this recipe by Skinny Taste!
Makes 1 Serving
- 4 slices center cut bacon,cooked and chopped
- 1 medium tomato,diced
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise, or whole30 approved mayo
- 3 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 ounce avocado, optional
- Carefully remove 2 large outer leaves of a head of lettuce. If you rip or tear one, just save it for the 3rd leaf you need to shred. Shred the 3rd leaf and set aside.
- Dice tomato and set aside in a bowl.
- Combine diced tomato with mayonnaise and fresh black pepper.
- Place lettuce cups on a plate, top with shredded lettuce. Add tomato then bacon and roll it like a wrap and enjoy!
Cucumber Dill Chicken Salad in Tomato Cups:
Cauliflower Quiche Cups:
Callin’ all quiche lovers! This lunch recipe makes our list because it’s packed with veggies, cheese, and seeds. Sounds like a lil slice of heaven to us! Its like a lunch party for your taste buds Check out this recipe by Brit+ Co!Ingredients:
- 1/2 of a cauliflower (medium sized)
- 2 packed cups of washed and cut kale
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, plus more for garnishing
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/8 cup cottage cheese
- sunflower seeds for garnish
Tools: food processor, mini tart panInstructions:
- As usual, get the oven started and preheat to 375 degrees F. Then, we’ll prepare the cauliflower.
- Cut off the stem of the cauliflower. Then cut the cauliflower into small florets. Put it in the food processor and pulse until it looks like grains of rice. Remove from the food processor and microwave for 6 minutes. You don’t need to cover it.
- While the cauliflower is microwaving, you can prepare more of the filling. In a food processor, pulse the kale until it becomes large chunks. Then, add in the sun dried tomatoes and pulse. When it’s all shredded, add in the cheese and repeat until everything is shredded.
- When the cauliflower is done microwaving, add in the kale mixture to the cauliflower. Pour in the egg whites, cottage cheese, and mix together with a spoon.
- After your mixture is complete, spray your tart pan with cooking spray and then begin filling it! When you’re done filling all the cups, garnish with cheese and sunflower seeds.
- When they’re all done, pop into the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the tops begin to brown.
Beanless Beef Chili:
On cooler days, we love to snack on some soup or chili. Chilly makes our list because it’s filled with the good stuff, y’all. This Food Network recipe has us lining up with our bowls ready!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- One 2 1/2-pound beef chuck roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- One 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Spiced Sour Cream:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Put a deep heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat and add the oil. Put in the beef, season with salt and pepper, and cook until it is well browned, about 10-15 minutes. Remove the meat to a bowl with a slotted spoon and discard the fat from the pan. Pour half the broth into the pan and scrape up any browned bits.
- Pour this into the bowl of a slow cooker. Add the onions and put the meat on top. Add the chili seasoning, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, jalapeno, and garlic.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice and the remaining broth. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Taste, and adjust the seasoning. Serve garnished with spiced sour cream.
There you go, Sweeties! Eating a low carb lunch may help reduce cravings and may lower blood pressure, so it’s over all a great idea for a healthy, balanced, you! We almost forgot to mention something appetizing and refreshing to accompany your mid day meal! Southern Breeze Sweet Tea comes in flavors that the entire family will enjoy. It’s sweet tea with zero sugar, zero carbs, and zero guilt!