We're all about quick convenience, y'all. That's why we made 5-minute Cold Brew Sweet Tea! But when it comes to housekeeping, nothing seems quick OR convenient. Everything's better with a tidy house, but it takes so long to make a house tidy!
But it’s practically a fact that an uncluttered home means an uncluttered mind, so we're sharing our favorite way to make cleaning go by faster! The faster you clean, the faster you get to treat yourself to sugar-free sweet tea! So do yourselves a favor by readin’ on below and gettin’ your House Cleaning game going!
To make the cleaning project easier, break up your home into rooms and spaces, then break those spaces up into tasks that you need to complete. Sound complicated? Don’t worry, we’ve already done this for you!
Just print our free Printable Cleaning Checklist (below) and pin it up on the wall or stick it on the fridge!
We've also got some tips on how to make spring cleaning easier:
Space It Out
There’s no need to try to do it all in one day, or even one weekend. Spread out all the tasks over a week or even two weeks…slow and steady is always a safe bet! This way, you can complete some of the tasks every day without taking out too much time from your regular schedule. Before you know it, your house will be spotless!
Make It a Fun Project
If you’re really dreading cleaning the house, think of it as a fun project. On our checklist, we’ve split the spaces up by room and task. After each room is all checked off, take a relaxing break and brew up a glass of sugar-free Southern Breeze Sweet Tea!
Incentives Incentives Incentives!
Having a clean, cozy home is an incentive, but sometimes it’s just not enough. Brewing up something sweet and tasty is the perfect treat! The cold, refreshing taste of a glass of sweet tea will cool you down and take the edge off after all that cleaning! And the best part is, you can treat yourself without feeling guilty. That’s the magic of sugar-free sweet tea, y’all!
Turn It into a Party
Turn on the radio or play your favorite playlist or CD for some catchy tunes while you’re cleaning! Turn a day of chores into a day of #guiltfreesweettea, good music, and maybe even a little dancing as you go!
Cleaning CAN be fun – it’s a project that makes your home cozy, clean, and fresh and turns your space into a place you’re happy to spend time in or come back to after a long day!
Bask in Your Clean Home!
When you're all done cleaning, give yourself a pat on the back! Walk around the house and enjoy your handiwork. To add to the sense of coziness and freshness, place a few vases on windowsills, counters, and tables and add some flowers to brighten up the space.
Printable Cleaning Checklist
Here’s how to download and print our free cleaning checklist:
- Right click on the list.
- Click “Open image in new tab.”
- Go to the new tab and press Ctrl + Print to print!
- Or, go up to your browser bar and select the Print function.
And here are all the steps written out for y'all, in case that's easier!
- Wash and put away dishes
- Wipe down cabinet doors and interiors
- Wipe down drawers and interiors of drawers
- Organize contents of cabinets and drawers
- Match jars and containers with their lids and throw out anything that mistmatches
- Clear out fridge and disinfect surfaces. Wipe down outside of fridge.
- Organize pantry items
- Empty the trash and wipe down trashcan
- Wipe down and disinfect countertops
- Deep clean stove top
- Deep clean oven
- Wipe down all appliances
- Clean the tops of cabinets
- Scrub the sink clean and disinfect
- Cabinet interiors
- Miscellaneous items (media items, books, etc.)
- Vacuum carpets, drapes, floors
- Fluff up pillows
- Wash pillow covers
- Organize china cabinet and dust shelves
- Wipe down and disinfect table
- Scrub shower walls and floor or bathtub
- Clear shower and sink drains
- Scrub faucets
- Wash shower curtain or door
- Wipe down mirrors
- Scrub and disinfect counter
- Scrub and disinfect toilet
- Wash rugs
- Clean out cabinets and drawers and restock with essentials
- Dust tops of dressers and headboards
- Vacuum carpets and drapes
- Fold clothes and organize closet and/or dresser
- Sort into piles: Keep, Donate, Throw Away
- Wash laundry, pillows, bedding
- Rotate mattress
- Run a cleaning cycle on the washing machine
- Clean out vents in dryer
- Wipe exterior of machines
- Stock room with cleaning supplies
- Sweep floors
- Clean interior and exterior of cars
- Organize any tools or miscellaneous items kept in garage
- Keep seasonal decor items in labeled bins
- Change air filters
- Check batteries in smoke detectors
- Check batteries in CO2 detectors
- Change burned out light bulbs
- Dust and vacuum ceilings, carpets and rugs, corners, underneath furniture, window sills
- Wash windows
Good luck, Sweeties! We have faith in y'all and we just know that y'all are gonna tackle your spring cleaning with gusto (and sweet tea)!!!