It’s that time of year, Sweeties! The birds are chirpin’, spring rains are comin’ down, flowers are bloomin’, and Easter is right around the corner! How do you celebrate Easter? If you like arts and crafts and sharing the sweetness like we do, we suggest you break out the supplies and put together some adorable homemade Easter baskets for friends and family! Spring is a time for new beginnings, so why not start by giving the people around you a sweet gift?
Over here at Southern Breeze, we’ve got our favorite Easter essentials that we go back to year after year, because they’re tried and true for a basket anyone would love! So, open up some windows to get that fresh spring air flowing all through the house and get craftin’!
Here what to include in your basket:
Something to Read:
Got a favorite novel you read in the past year? Or maybe a classic? Or do you and your friends love flipping through magazines or trying your hand at recipes in cookbooks? Whatever it is, include it in the Easter basket as a thoughtful gift! Everyone appreciates this thoughtful gift:
- Your favorite novel or a series
- Crossword puzzles
- Coloring books (plus colored pencils!)
- Cookbook (we recommend our friend Christy Jordan’s “Sweetness,” a cookbook full of sweet, Southern recipes)
Something to Watch:
If your friends and family like to head to the movies or pop in a DVD instead of curling up with a book, include one of these in your Easter basket:
- DVD or Blu-Ray of a new release or something you know they’ve always wanted to see
- Tickets to the movie theater
- Tickets to a play, musical, or comedy show
Something to Play with:
Gotta have toys in an Easter Basket! Include something cute, fun, and easy. Here are some ideas:
- Slinky toy
- Pool floats
- Toy trucks or cars
- Sidewalk chalk
Easter’s full of sweetness, so don’t forget to #ShareTheSweetness in your basket! Do you love baking and are always trying out new things? Include one of your baked goods in the basket! Or head out to the store and purchase something delicious! Here are some ideas:
- Chocolate bunnies
- Marshmallow chicks
- Gummy bears
- Coconut or Chocolate eggs
- Homemade cookies and brownies
Add something memorable and cute to your basket to stand out from the rest! This little detail will go a long way in making your friends and family feel extra special! Here are some favorites:
- Bar soaps
- Bath bombs
- Personalized apron
- Tea towels
It’s an Easter basket, so of course y’all gotta have some Easter eggs! One of our favorite things to do is dying Easter eggs using tea…that’s right, tea!! It’s a twist on a favorite craft and just as fun. And you can gobble them up afterwards!
What you need:
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Paper towel or newspaper
- Bowl or cup deep enough to submerge an egg
- Tongs, egg dipper, spoon
- White vinegar
- Tea bags of your choice (flavored teas work best)
- Bring water to a boil, fill and steep 4 to 5 tea bags per 8 oz of water.
- After the tea has steeped for 10-15 minutes, pull the tea bags out, and add 2 teaspoons of vinegar to each bowl or cup.
- Submerge eggs.
- Leave eggs submerged for 4 hours. If you prefer a darker color, leave them in for a few more hours. Keep checkin' on them!
- Remove the eggs, set to dry, and enjoy!
Something to Sip on:
Y’all are gonna wanna indulge on sweet treats this Easter without feeling guilty! Include some #GuiltFreeSweetTea in your Easter basket so you’re not drinking your sugar and calories!
Add a box of family-size Southern Breeze sweet tea or Cold-Brew sweet tea envelopes in your basket and spread the best-kept secret of zero-calorie sweet tea. When you’re not drinking your calories, you can indulge in sweet treats!
What do you like to put in your Easter basket? Let us know in the comments below! These baskets are perfect for sharing with your friends, family, neighbors…it’s sure to put a smile on their faces.