Sugar-free snacks can be a DELIGHT, y’all! It’s hard to be tempted by ‘em when sugary cookies and pastries are within arm's reach, but we promise…sticking to sugar-free treats is SO helpful in the long run.
Sugar-free treats are especially wonderful for anyone who’s watching their weight, trying to cut back on sugar for health reasons, or just plain tired of feeling guilty for indulging in a little snack time! We’re sharing our favorite recipes for sugar free snacks (and drinks!) below…let us know which one’s y’all love!
This tasty snack is high in protein and has no sugar! For a spicy, delicious, and healthy snack, pop some chickpeas in the oven! It's SO easy, and perfect for busy days or post-workout snack time! Recipe below!
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ - 1 TBS olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet.
- Rinse and pat dry chickpeas.
- Mix together the spices.
- Bake the chickpeas for 15 minutes without anything else on them.
- Remove the chickpeas and drizzle olive oil, stirring until completely coated.
- Add spices and stir.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir, then return them to the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Remove when the chickpeas are as crispy as you want!
Sugar-Free Oatmeal Cookies
This recipe from ifoodreal.com is AMAZING, y’all! The cookies come up hot and chewy, sweet and delicious…but there’s no sugar! It’s pure magic. Grab these ingredients at your local supermarket and whip up these cookies for a perfect afternoon snack.
All you need:
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 9 tbsp water
- 2 large over-ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup mixed nuts & seeds, chopped if too large
- 10 pitted, chopped dates or 1 cup raisins
- Cooking spray
Head to ifoodreal.com for the full recipe!
Sometimes you're just craving a sweet drink...try this smoothie, which is healthy, filling, sweet, and delicious! Full of antioxidants and calcium, it's a refreshing drink on a hot day. It also takes NO time to make at all!
- 2 cups of plain yogurt
- 1 cup of apple juice (with no sugar added)
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
Add ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Guilt-Free Sweet Tea
Is snack time ever complete without the perfect refreshing drink to wash it down? NOPE. That's where sugar-free sweet tea comes in! Whether you're in the mood for a regular sweet black tea, peachy goodness, zesty raspberry, or lemony half & half, we've got the sweet tea flavor for you!
Do you have any sugar-free favorites that you love to snack on? Share it with us and our other Sweeties in the comments below!