Special thanks to our friend, Kathleen at Grits and Gouda, for this ultimate guilt- free holiday drink! Raspberries, cranberries, and pomegranate seeds steeped in Southern Breeze Sweet Tea Raspberry and cranberry juice, oh my! The perfect combination for your next gathering!
- 4 cups cold water
- 4 Southern Breeze raspberry-flavored presweetened tea bags
- 1 fresh pomegranate (or 1/3 cup seeds)
- 1 small naval orange
- 1 lime
- 1 6 oz container raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 cups 5 calorie cranberry juice drink
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- Pour cold water over tea bags in a large measuring pitcher or bowl. Let the tea bags steep for 6 minutes. Discard the tea bags
- Meanwhile, remove the pomegranate seeds by scoring the pomegranate skin in half and breaking it open. With seeds facing down, hit the back of the skin with the back of a wooden spoon and the seeds will fall into a bowl below. You will eventually have to break open the pomegranate half even more to get them all out.
- Slice the orange and lime into thin slices. Wash the raspberries. Place the fruit in a pitcher or carafe or individual glasses.
- Combine the tea and cranberry juice and pour over the fruit. Refrigerate the mixture at least one hour for the fruit to absorb the tea mixture and impart the fruit flavor into the tea mixture. Garnish with a fresh rosemary sprig, if you like.