Kathleen at Grits and Gouda blog is sharing her Sweet Tea Tiramisu recipe with us just in time for Valentine’s Day! How sweet y’all! Using Southern Breeze Sweet Tea, angel food cake and fresh raspberries this tasty treat is ready in 15 minutes and perfect for two!
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 single serve Southern Breeze Original Flavor tea bags
- 1.5 ounces angel food cake, cut into 1/2" cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar-free or lite non dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 2 ounces Neufchatel cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon bittersweet chocolate shavings
- Fresh raspberries
- Pour water over tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bag.
- Place the cake cubes in a shallow bowl or rimmed plate. Brush the cake cubes with the strong tea or drizzle it over them and toss well to coat.
- Combine Neufchatel and whipped topping in a bowl with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Arrange half the soaked cake cubes evenly in the bottom of two dessert dishes. (Half pint jars work well, too!) Spoon half of the whipped topping mixture evenly in the two dessert dishes. Arrange the remaining half of cake cubes evenly in the dishes. Dollop the remaining whipped topping mixture on top of cake cubes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and garnish with fresh raspberries. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.