Our friend, Heather at Food Lovin’ blog is sharing her bright and colorful vegetable pinwheels recipe! Perfect for your next BBQ or tailgate. This light appetizer is full of creaminess and crunch! Y’all should give it a try!
How to Make a Pinwheel Appetizer:
- Making this pinwheel recipe couldn’t be easier! Pinwheels make great finger food, easy to grab and satisfying. Sometimes I even eat these for a light lunch.
- Start with preparing the vegetables. I like using a yellow and red bell pepper for color. I also add in broccoli slaw that has a mix of shredded broccoli, carrots and purple cabbage. You could also add spinach or even celery cut in thin matchsticks.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, fresh dill and chopped green onions. It helps to have the cream cheese softened.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on your favorite wrap like a tortilla, sun-dried tomato wrap or spinach wrap. I think the red and green wraps are fun for a holiday party.
- Add sliced peppers and slaw mix on the cream cheese. Try not to overfill the rolls or they will be hard to roll-up.
- Roll the wrap tightly and then cover in plastic wrap.
- Place the covered “logs” into the refrigerator and let cool for at least two hours before slicing.
Tips for Makin Vegetable Pinwheels:
- If you don’t have whipped cream cheese, use softened cream cheese.
- Make sure to roll as tightly as possible so the vegetables don’t fall out.
- Allow time for the rolls to cool in the fridge. It helps make slicing easier.
- I recommend using a serrated knife for slicing the pinwheels. A serrated knife will slice through the pinwheel without tearing it apart.