Hey Sweeties. Tara again from Lace and Grace Blog.
Ahhh February- the month of love. Whether you have been married decades or just starting a relationship and have fallen head over heels for each other- Love is something to be celebrated. If you are like me, I love date nights with the Hubs but HATE shelling out an arm and a leg on a fancy dinner and a movie time after time. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy dressing up and hitting the town like any other girl, but always feel guilty spending so much money.
Over the years, the Hubs and I have found ways to have date night (or day dates) without breaking the bank. Not only are they financially sound but a great way to try something new. Here are 20 of my favorite budget date ideas:
1.Homemade Pizzas- This is a favorite of mine. Grab a variety of meats, cheeses and veggies; put on the tunes and make a few pizzas together.
2. Star Gazing- Depending on the time of year/region you are in. Search for constellations visible in your area. Print them out and head outside with a blanket on a clear night and try to find them all!
3. Local Free Events- Check out your local tourism bureau for free local events in the area. Every year I look forward to our hometown’s Fire and Ice event mid February.
4. Pop the champagne and watch your wedding video, browse wedding albums or old photos. It is so fun to relive the memories!
5. Local Winery, Brewery, Distillery – Do a tasting at your local winery, brewery or Distillery. Many on weekends will have bands or an event!
6. Fondue Night – Find delicious recipes for cheese/chocolate fondue and open some wine. Dine by candlelight to snazzy it up!
7. Plan something fun- Haven’t been on a vacation in a while? Planning is half the fun. Have a house project you have been itching to start (basement refinishing)? Plan it out! This can be surprisingly fun and productive.
8. Local Orchard, fruit/berry picking – Depending on the time of year and region visit your local orchard and pick seasonal fruits together. (bonus- head home and bake a pie together with your findings as a reward!)
9. Bonfire + S’mores- Nothing is better than cozy-ing up by the fire. Grab some the ingredients to make s’mores and a blanket!
10. Trivia Night – Many local pubs are bound to offer trivia night. Grab a few drinks and an app and give your brain a tease!
11. Volunteer together - The couples that volunteer together stay together! Help others in your community by volunteering at your local Soup kitchen, Humane Society or Local Park.
12. Tennis at your local park or Tennis Barn- Have some old tennis rackets laying around? Grab them and head to your local park for some fun competition. Don’t have rackets? Head to your local tennis barn for some fun!
13. Go on a hike- Even in the cold, going on a hike can be exciting. If you have pups take them along too!
14. Netflix/Moviethon with a comfy floor bed. Have a movie series (Star Wars?) or show you have been meaning to watch (Breaking Bad!?) turn down the lights, grab blankets and pillow.
15. Go on a Picnic- Grab some warm goodies from the grocery store, bundle up and head to your local park.
16. Game night- Play some 2 player card/board gamed, break out the old Super Nintendo (Donkey Kong anyone?!) or head to the arcade for some child like competition.
17. Free Museums/Zoos- Discover a new one or visit an old favorite.
18. Bowling- Check out your local bowling alley for happy hour bowling prices!
19. Camping- Pack up the gear and make a night of it.
20. Be a tourist in your own town- Walk into your hometown’s brick and mortar Visitor’s Center; talk to the guides and read some pamphlets on new things to do. You will be surprised on how much history and facts you will learn about your town!
Tara Butler- Lace and Grace Blog Bio:
Tara is a born and raised Frederick, Marylander. On Lace and Grace, Tara loves to share her travel adventures, original recipes and fun life events. She lives with her Husband and two pups, Cha Cha & Hoover. In her spare time, she loves to be outside, explore new places, cook (obviously), entertain friends/family and go antiquing. Make sure to check out her blog for more delicious recipes and follow her on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.