I have really grown a sweet tooth in the last few years and find myself drawn to the dessert menu more and more. I am constantly baking up a storm, which usually means super unhealthy sugary treats. In an effort to be more healthy, I was determined to find a healthy dessert recipe to satisfy my sweets craving. Being a sucker for granola everything, I thought why not create a dessert with it.
Homemade granola is super simple to make and will make your house smell amazing with toasted nuts, cinnamon and honey. Greek yogurt is a favorite in our household, which is good because it is deemed healthier than regular flavored yogurt. Although better for you, the tart taste can sometimes overpower a dish. To combat the sour taste, I love to add a touch of honey.
This dessert is so versatile and can be served perfectly as a dinner dessert with friends (served in a trifle bowl) or served in small jars for easy breakfasts on the go for the entire family! This dish expands far beyond the traditional end of dinner dessert!
Pair your skinny fruit and yogurt parfait with the new Southern Breeze Decaffeinated Sweet Tea! I was blown away that the flavor tastes the same as the regular sweet tea!
Made too much granola? That’s ok, just add raisins and some chocolate chips to create trail mix!
I hope you enjoy!
(for the homemade granola)
- 4 cups quick oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ½ chopped pecans
- ½ pumpkin seed
- ½ flax seed
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup craisins (or raisins)
(for the yogurt)
- 6 cups of Greek yogurt (plain)
- ½ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- (for the fruit filling)
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup chopped blackberries (+ some whole for garnish)
- ½ cup chopped raspberries (+ some whole for garnish)
- Serve in trifle bowl if serving at once to a crowd or place in jars for each individual portion sizes
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F
- In a big bowl mix the oats, nuts, cinnamon and seeds together
- Spread oat mixture thinly over bottom of a glass baking dish (I used 3!)
- Bake for 12-15 mins, turn mixture over halfway through
- Remove from oven
- Spread oat mixture on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper
- Add your craisins
- Drizzle honey and lightly mix together
- Spread evenly
- Bake for 5-7 mins at 350 degrees F
- Let cool and set aside
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add Greek yogurt, honey and vanilla extract
- Mix until well combined
- Grab your trifle bowl and layer yogurt first, then granola, yogurt, then fruit. Repeat this pattern until your container is full!
Tara Butler- Lace and Grace Blog Bio:
Tara is a born and raised Frederick, Marylander. On Lace and Grace, Tara loves to share her travel adventures, original recipes and fun life events. She lives with her Husband and two pups, Cha Cha & Hoover. In her spare time, she loves to be outside, explore new places, cook (obviously), entertain friends/family and go antiquing. Make sure to check out her blog for more delicious recipes and follow her on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.