Y’all, we gotta tell you...we have some pretty great friends that come up with the most delicious recipes. Lauren, over at Hall Nesting created this Sweet Tea Fried Chicken with Bourbon Glaze (we're drooling just saying the name) and we're so excited to share it with you!
When ya think of the perfect food pairing for sweet tea, the first thing that comes to mind for us is fried chicken! We know, we know...it’s summer, its hot, who feels like frying up hot chicken BUT believe us y’all, it’s SO worth it.
What’s so unique about this dish is it’s brined with our tea! Yes, really! That’s not all...we’ve got a Bourbon Glaze to drizzle on top. We can’t wait for you to try this recipe.
- 8-10 pieces of chicken
- 2 quarts of Southern Breeze Sweet Tea
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 quart of buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
Bourbon Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Put all of the chicken pieces in a large bowl. Pour sweet tea and juice of 1 lemon on top. Let the chicken soak for 2 hours.
- In another large bowl whisk together buttermilk and hot sauce and set aside. In another large bowl mix together flour, garlic powder, paprika, and salt.
- Prepare the fryer (or a cast iron skillet with vegetable oil) to 325 degrees.
- Drain the chicken and pat dry. Dust the chicken in the flour and shake off. Then dip each piece in buttermilk then back in flour to coat. Place all on a plate and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Fry the chicken in batches for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the piece.
- While chicken is frying, make the syrup. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in the maple syrup and stir. Then slowly whisk in bourbon.