Happy Fall Y'all! We're back with our final winning recipe from our recipe contest!
We think Richard's Chai Frappe is the ultimate afternoon pick-me-up! A mixture of warm chai spices, heavy whipping cream, milk and blended into an icy beverage. Sounds delicious right? This delicious treat can be made in the comfort of your home... no more coffee shop runs!
Ingredients for Chai:
- 6 cups of water
- Fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 10 whole allspice berries
- 8 cardamom pods
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Sugar-free sweetener to taste
- 10 regular Southern Breeze tea bags
Ingredients for Frappe:
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Almond or Coconut milk
- Add water and all fresh ingredients except teabags to your Instant Pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then carefully manually release the pressure.
- Add tea bags and steep for 10 minutes. Add sugar-free sweetener and vanilla extract to taste. Strain and freeze chai mixture in an ice cube tray overnight.
- Add 1 tray of frozen chai tea to 1/2 cup of whipping cream and 1/2 cup of milk of choice to blender. Blend until smooth and enjoy.