Our very dear friend, Christy at Southern Plate, is sharing her an oldie but a goodie recipe for deviled eggs. These tasty treats are making a comeback in a big way - thanks to the low carb diet craze. Full of creaminess and flavor, y'all should give them a try!
- 6 - 7 eggs
- 3 - 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 - 2 tablespoons of pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika, to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Place eggs in pot and add enough water to cover by one inch. Add a pinch of salt. Place on medium to medium high hear and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cover, let sit fifteen minutes.
- Allow eggs to cool until easy to handle. Carefully peel. Slice each egg in half and spoon out yolk onto separate plate or bowl. Add all other ingredients and mash with fork until creamy and well blended. Spoon contents into plastic bag and seal. Cut off corner and squeeze back into egg halves. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.